The WARTZ Army is actually smaller in size than the Marine Corps, though they are every bit as professional. Many officers feel that the Army is being neglected by the current government – it is the tradional home for conscripts who support the opposition Liberal Party.
(11) A few units in the WARTZ Army are made up of black Africans. The Apartheid policies practiced by WARTZ mean that these troops are restricted to their own separate units, commanded by white officers and NCOs.
(12) These black units are generally mistrusted by the WARTZ political elite and their morale suffers as a result. But they are well equipped with modern uniforms and heavy weapons such as these HMGs.
Credits: Unless otherwise noted all models are from Peter Pig’s Range 17 “AK47 Republic”and were painted by Derek Hodge.
(1) P infantry (17-21) , P officer (17-16) and P LMG (17-17).
(2) P crew (17-21) with .50 cal MGs on tripod (17-74).
(3) P crew (17-21) with mortar (17-14 ).
(4) P crew (17-21) with 75mm recoilless rifle(17-68).
(5) A QRF Centurion.
(6) QRF Saladin Armoured Car (pack PBC 4).
(7) QRF Saracen APC (pack PBP 1)
(8) Revell 1/100th Huey with door gunners from Peter Pig’s Huey crew from Vietnam range (1-20)
(9) QRF Long Wheelbase Landrover with Wombat and Crew (PBA 4).
(10) Peter Pig Unimog Truck (17-15), mounting a ZPU1 single barrelled AA gun (17-53).
(11) An assortment of several infantry types including R/P infantry in caps (17-5 & 17-11) Infantry in Russian Helmet (17-62) and bareheaded (17-48)
(12) Crew in cap (17-2) and crew in helmet (17-64 ) with .50 cal MGs on tripod (17-74).
(13) PP Toyota Pickup (17-23) mounting recoilless rifle (17-20).